Have you often gone shopping and felt nothing ever fitted your body, or if it did, it did not really flatter you? Well, I am sure it must have happened at some point in your life. Somehow, ‘the beautiful shift dress looked beautiful only on the mannequin’ … these and many such other situations make shopping a stressful activity for many. However, not many of us realize one can have a great time shopping if done wisely. Why buy clothing that do not enhance the personality and follow baseless trends? Rather, opt for fashionable clothing that boosts your confidence and beautifies your appearance. A perfect fit is more important than shopping for designer clothing. The secret of dressing to kill lies in picking the right clothing gear and teaming it with other items that blend well.
Different Body Shapes
Before noting down fashion tips, we need to learn the basic and common body shapes amongst women.
- Pear Shape: Women who belong to this category have a narrow upper body, with a heavier bottom and thighs.
- Apple Shape: In this case, women have a broader upper body with a narrow bottom. Women with this body type tend to put on more weight on the middle area.
- Boyish/ Athletic Shape: This shape refers to women with a narrow figure overall. Weight is evenly distributed in such cases.
- Hourglass Shape: A narrow waist with the upper and lower body in great proportion is what an hourglass shape is all about. This shape is like a dream come true for many women.
These were the basic body shapes, and there can be variations in this depending upon each woman. The trick lies in enhancing the positive points.
What to Wear for your Body Shape
Now, who does not love gorgeously flowing or short fitting dresses? Floral prints, animal prints, or solids, dresses have always wooed women of all age groups. Use these fashion tips to dress as per your body shape.
- Pear Shape: Women with this body shape should avoid shift dresses, as they tend to cling to the body. Choose dresses that accentuate the upper area of the body to draw attention away from the lower area.
- Apple Shape: Choose dresses that have interesting necklines. This will pull the attention away from the stomach area. Avoid clingy fabrics for the upper body.
- Boyish/Athletic Shape: You can safely wear dresses with loads of ruffles and frills. Look for typical feminine dresses that increase the overall volume of the body shape.
- Hourglass Shape: Need I say again that any kind of dress will suit such a figure? You can safely opt for fitting or flowing dresses.
Whether you need a touch of romance or flirty fun, skirts are perfect for a date, or even at work.
- Pear Shape: Skirts should help to slim down the bottom area in this case. Choose skirts that taper towards the ankles in dark shades, and avoid ones that flare from the waist onwards.
- Apple Shape: Opt for pleated styles and well-fitting skirts. This will bring the attention away from the tummy. Pencil skirts are a huge no-no in this case.
- Boyish/Athletic Shape: Layered skirts with floral prints look pretty on women with an athletic shape. Opt for layers and detailing.
- Hourglass Shape: Well-fitted skirts, such as the pencil skirt with side slits look great on hourglass shapes. You can experiment in terms of fabrics and colors.
Jeans / Pants / Trousers
We all love wearing denim jeans or trousers, but you need to choose the right fit. Did someone mention that searching for the right fit is as difficult as searching for the perfect man?
- Pear Shape: Trousers should be in dark colors. Choose patterns that widen towards the ankle area.
- Apple Shape: Trousers or pants should be slightly loose, with less detailing. Avoid those heavy pockets, choose simple silhouettes instead.
Boyish/Athletic Shape: This lucky lot can safely wear skinny jeans and fitting trousers. Team it with stylish boots, and you will rock!
- Hourglass Shape: Jeans or trousers that fit like a glove are great for an hourglass shape. You can safely opt for low-waist jeans as well!
The kind of range one gets in terms of fashionable tops and jackets is quite mind-boggling. The trick obviously lies in choosing the perfect style.
- Pear Shape: You can safely opt for tops and jackets with a lot of detailing. Team it with a chunky necklace.
- Apple Shape: Tops with scoop necks work wonders for the apple shape. Look for tops that fall lightly and do not add more weight to the upper body. Jackets that cover the tummy are ideal for this body shape.
- Boyish/Athletic Shape: Go in for sporty tops or even layered clothing. Feminine tops with ruffles are also a great option. Jackets with zany graphics or added pockets can bring out the best in you.
- Hourglass Shape: Tops with V-necks suit women with an hourglass figure. Clingy fabrics will add a sexy element to your personality.
Use these fashion tips to dress up your best and floor everybody around you. It is not about which brand you buy, but about how you learn to dress as per your own personality. Have fun!